You have no items in your shopping cart.
Updated on 21 January, 2019
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, in general, you can visit our Sites without identifying who you are. Hero will provide you with the option to deal with Hero without identifying yourself where it is lawful and practical. However, particular sections on our Sites may require you to provide personal information in order that we may provide the products/services or information you have requested while visiting our Sites.
Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual. This includes but is not limited to: first and last name, email address, mailing and residential address, telephone number, title, birth date, gender, occupation, your profession and other information needed to provide a service you have requested.
Sensitive personal data or information means such information which consists of information relating to Password, Information of Bank account, Credit card, debit card or any other payment instrument details, Physical, physiological and mental health condition, Sexual orientation, Medical records and history, Biometric information etc.
Information you give us
We may collect any Personal Information shared by you on our Sites. Depending upon the Site(s) and context, this information may include the following:
- Contact Information. Name, phone number, address, city, state, postal/zip code, email address.
- Demographic information. Date of birth, gender, occupation, country of origin, educational details, employer details.
- Financial and business Information: financial details of the business, investment plans, proposed business plan, financial information
- Payment Information: On certain Sites like https://www.heromotocorp.com and https://www.hgpmart.com credit/ debit card details etc. and other payment information (account number, account type, bank names etc.) may be collected. This information is used solely to process your transaction.
- Vehicle Information. Vehicle details like model, year, colour and its registration and selling details, warranty details including dealer name and year of purchase.
- Account Information. If you create account on some Sites like https://www.heromotocorp.com, https://www.hgpmart.com, we collect username/name, password, email, mobile number, and answers to your security question.
- Partner / work with us. If you apply for dealership through our website www.heromotocorp.com we collect name, Firm/Company name, contact number, Pan Card number, picture/image, website, state, city, pincode, educational information, property/assets details, bank details and other information containing personal information, financial details of the business, investment plans, proposed business plan, financial information, Date of birth, gender, occupation, country of origin, educational details, employer details.
You can visit our Sites without sharing personal information; however, certain features and tools may not be available unless personal information is provided.
Information collected automatically
Depending upon the Sites or context, we automatically collect and store certain information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Sites in server logs ("Log Data"). This includes:
- Details of how you used our Sites
- Internet protocol address
- Device event information such as caches, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, time spent on those pages and other statistics and referral URL.
- Cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Account. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Sites.
Cookies and Web Beacons:
A cookie is a small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. Its purpose is to remember and recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies (disappear after you close your browser) and persistent cookies (remain after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use or connect to our Sites).
We may collect information like User’s IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, device, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of User Website use through "cookies". You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain or all features on the Sites.
Web beacons are transparent graphic pixels that are placed on web pages that enable us or a third party to track your actions on our Sites and deliver interest-based advertisements.
Social Media Widgets
Our Sites and applications include social media features connected with social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google Plus, Pinterest, YouTube and others. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our Sites, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Tracking code in website analytics, a tracking code is a snippet of script that tracks the activity of a website user by collecting data and sending it to the analytics module. The code is generated automatically, is different for each website, and can be installed on each page that needs tracking.
Hero will generally collect your personal information directly from you. This may be achieved through your interactions with Hero including interactions via our Sites, other social media applications or internet sites, telephone, email or writing to us.
Hero may also collect your personal information from a third party source, such as our dealers, vendors, business partners, government authorities, judicial authorities, any other source which are legally acquired by us.
Unless otherwise provided in the Policy, we may use personal information collected from the Sites in various ways including:
- To facilitate or fulfil the information, products or services you have requested.
- To contact the User for confirming your registration on our website.
- To communicate with the User to respond to his/her queries or seeking feedback or resolving disputes on the product and services.
- For business, marketing and promotional purposes such as sending information about special promotions, programs, schemes, offers, new features, plans on products/services and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To contact User from time to time to offer, market and sell relevant products and/or services by any of our Affiliates, Business Partners.
- To provide customer and dealer support.
- For product warranty registrations and product recalls.
- To conduct or send customer relationship surveys or other surveys.
- To consider an application for career with Hero.
- To consider an application from prospective Vendors for partnering with Hero.
- To educate you about us, our products and services or to understand your interest to improvise the content and performance of our Sites.
- For maintenance of high quality and standards of products and services.
- To send you important information regarding the Sites, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information
- For internal business operations including:
- Reviews and data analysis for the website (e.g., to determine the number, category of visitors to specific pages within the website).
- To manage, operate, maintain and secure our Sites, network system, and other assets and to customize/personalise your experience with us, which may include displaying content based upon your preferences.
- For the purposes of analysing the use of the Sites, enabling and monitoring your use of our Sites, operating our Sites, ensuring the security of our Sites, for maintaining back-ups of our databases.
- To help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Sites.
- To comply with our legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by law.
- To investigate potential breaches, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Hero, the Users of our Sites or others.
- For any other purpose necessary or incidental to our business.
- For any other purpose for which you give your express or implied consent.
In the event we use your Personal Information for other purposes, not specified above, we will inform you about the specific purposes for processing of your personal information and, when required, our basis for doing so at the time we collect the Personal Information from you to the extent required by law.
For the purposes of clarity, we may also use your personal information in combination with information we obtain from third parties about you for the same purposes described above.
In the event that you provide any personal information on any of the Sites, you consent to the transfer of such information across country borders, and to the use, processing, and disclosure of such information in global locations, including those that may have different levels of privacy protection than in your own country.
The Company may directly or through its authorized third party agency retain/ process or store the Information provided by the User for the period as long as necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements or for legitimate business purposes and to protect your vital interest as mentioned in this Policy.
We may share the Personal Information collected from the Sites with third parties as outlined in this section.
Our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, group and associate companies. These entities may use this information for the purposes outlined above.
2. Business Partners
(i) Service Providers who perform services on behalf of Hero and which may need information about you in order to perform their functions including but not limited to authorised service partners, call centre operators, marketing contractors, social media website providers, data entry service providers, IT agencies operating handling or maintaining Sites, storing/processing information, overseas service providers who work for us etc.
(ii) Dealers mean Authorized Hero Dealers, Distributors, sub-dealers, franchise etc. which are independently owned and operated. They may use this information for their everyday business purposes, including marketing, customer service, fulfilment and related purposes.
(iii) Vendors who are business associates of Hero like suppliers, research and development vendors, professional advisors, agents, representatives etc.
3. Other Partners
Any third party with whom Hero co-brand or partner with or collaborate with or with any other third parties as may be necessary for Hero’s business purposes or to investigate potential data incidents or to protect the rights, property and safety of Hero and the Users of our Sites or others.
4. Legal Authorities
We may share your Personal Information in response to any notice, order, investigation or demand or request or any other communication from a law enforcement agency which necessitate or mandate the sharing of such personal information, or to otherwise comply with applicable laws.
5. Changes in Corporate Structure or Bankruptcy
In the event that Hero is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, bankruptcy, your information may be transferred as part of that transaction. We also may retain a copy of such information.
We DO NOT use or disclose Information for purposes other than as mentioned in this Policy, except with the consent of User providing such Information or as required by law.
Hero is a global company and therefore uses global dealers, distributors, vendors, subcontractors and other business partners, as well as global IT systems and applications. As a result, the Personal Information that we collect about you may be shared with and / or transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your country which may have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in your country.
If you are citizen of European Union/European Economic Area (the "EU/EEA") the following terms apply to your Personal Information: Your Personal Information may be shared with and / or transferred to our global affiliates and to our employees, contractors and business partners who work for us and are located outside the EU/EEA for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. If this is the case, we will take legally required steps under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- In case you have User Account on the Sites, you may access your information under the profile section and can exercise your right of modification/correction/deletion. Otherwise, you may request access, or to update/correct/complete, the personal information we hold about you by writing to the Privacy Officer of Hero. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is correct and complete.
- You can request access or details of your Personal Information we hold and for what purposes and with whom we have shared such Personal Information.
- You may also contact the Data Protection Officer if you wish to make a complaint about the way Hero has handled your personal information.
- You do not have to provide a reason for requesting access but you will need to provide reasonable proof of your identity.
- You may opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us & or our Affiliates / Business Partner / Other Partners/ Third Parties.
- At any stage, you can withdraw your consent to the retention/storage/processing of your Personal Information and Hero shall erase the Personal Information withdrawn by you unless there is a contractual obligation or legal requirement/obligation to retain/hold it or otherwise permitted by law to retain it. However, upon such withdrawal, the Company will not able to communicate with you and provide you with certain information on product and/or services which are required for fulfilment of any obligation.
- You may restrict the processing of your personal information without deletion.
The relevant contact details of Data Protection Officer are provided in this Policy.
Our Sites have stringent security practice and measures in place to protect the personal information provided to us. Our database stores Personal Information in secure environment that are designed to safeguard it from loss, misuse, wrongful disclosure, destruction and alteration. The security measures are reviewed periodically by Hero to keep pace with business, technology and regulatory changes.
We cannot guarantee the security of the personal information transmitted to us via Internet, although we use our best endeavours to do so, Hero will not be liable in any way in relation to breach of security during internet transmission of personal information, including any unintended loss, misuse, alteration or disclosure of that information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, we shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event or a reason not within Our control or to any reason attributable to you.
In case of any complaint or grievance, the User may contact the following:
Hero MotoCorp Limited,
The Grand Plaza, Plot No.2,
Nelson Mandela Road,
Vasant Kunj - Phase -II,
New Delhi - 110070
Time: Mon - Sat (9:00 - 18:00)
The Data Protection officer shall expeditiously redress the grievances, but within reasonable time as may be provided in applicable laws.